Geocells and geogrids are a new type of building materials widely used in roadbed, slope protection and other engineering projects. Time-saving and labor-saving, short cycle time, low cost and other characteristics.
1. The essential difference between geocell and geogrid
From the point of view of professional production, geocell is a three-dimensional mesh structure cell structure produced by reinforced HDPE sheet raw material and welded by high-strength electric welding. Geogrid is a two-dimensional grid pattern or a three-dimensional grid screen grid with a certain aspect ratio, which is made of polypropylene, polyethylene and other macromolecular materials through thermoplastic or compression molding. Both of them are made of light polymer materials and polymer materials, and they are widely used in a series of soft foundation treatment, foundation reinforcement, retaining walls and ground crack-resistant fiber engineering projects such as pavement infrastructure.
2. Comprehensive difference
1. In terms of brand image from the perspective of structural mechanics, the geogrid is a three-dimensional stiffened geogrid, which is a plan stiffened.
2. In terms of appearance structure, the geocell is a three-dimensional mesh structure. The geogrid is a two-dimensional grid pattern or a three-dimensional grid screen structure with a certain aspect ratio.
3. In terms of comprehensive capacity, lateral limitation and bending stiffness: geocell is better than geogrid; bearing capacity and distributed load performance: geocell is better than geogrid; ground anti-skid, anti-deformation capacity: geogrid Cells are better than geogrids
4. In terms of economic development costs, both are of good quality and low price, and the geocell is slightly higher than the geogrid.
3. Geocell characteristics
1. It can be large or small, can be retracted for transportation, and can be prestressed and stretched into a mesh structure during construction, filled with loose raw materials such as soil, gravel, concrete, etc., to form a strong lateral limit and large bending stiffness.
2. The material is light, wear-resistant, stable in organic chemical properties, resistant to light and oxygen embrittlement, and corrosion-resistant. It is suitable for soil conditions such as different soil layers and deserts.
3. High side limit and ground anti-skid, anti-deformation, reasonably improve the bearing capacity and decentralized load effect of roadbed engineering.
4. Changing the geometry specifications such as the geocell aspect ratio and welding distance can meet the requirements of different engineering projects.
5. It can be large or small, and the transport size is small; the connection is convenient and the construction speed is faster.
4. The main purpose of geocell
1. It is used to secure road and railway line foundation projects.
2. The river embankment and shallow water area river management project used to bear the load capacity.
3. A hybrid teaching retaining wall used to avoid landslides and load forces.
4. When encountering soft roadbed. The selection of geocells can greatly ease the labor efficiency of engineering construction, reduce the thickness of roadbed projects, and the construction speed of the project is faster, with good characteristics, and greatly reduces the project budget.
Geogrid is a two-dimensional grid pattern grid made of polypropylene, high pressure polyethylene and other polymer materials through thermoplastic or compression molding. When used as a professional application in construction, it is called a geogrid. Geocell structure reinforcement of roadbed is a foot-operated sandy soil structure reinforcement method, which does not change the characteristics of the foundation such as the particle composition and interconnection of the filler. The purpose of structural reinforcement is mainly achieved by the mutual effect of the geocell and the common body. The mutual effect mainly includes three levels: the side restraint effect of the geocell, the mesh pocket effect of the geocell, and its geotechnical effect. The contradictory practical effect of the cell.